OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Stuttgart, Germany, Jul 17, 2009 - Mercedes-Benz is adding to the engine line-up for the new E-Class by introducing two economical four-cylinder models. The E 200 CDI
BlueEFFICIENCY developing 100 kW/136 hp consumes 5.2 litres of diesel per 100 kilometres, while the new E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY has an output of 135 kW/184 hp and consumes 7.2 litres of petrol per 100 kilometres.
Sophisticated, efficient four-cylinder engines make for lower fuel consumption and less environmental pollution without having to compromise on classic Mercedes attributes such as ride comfort and driving enjoyment. As shown by two new E-Class models, which Mercedes-Benz is introducing to complete its engine line-up in the executive category.
The diesel powerplant in the E 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY has a displacement of
2143 cc, an output of 100 kW/136 hp, and consumes 5.2 to 5.5 litres of diesel per 100 kilometres (CO2 emissions: 137 - 145 g/km), enabling the Saloon to accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in 10.2 seconds and reach a top speed of 210 km/h.
The petrol engine in the new E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY boasts a displacement of 1.8 litres and an output of 135 kW/184 hp. It takes 8.5 seconds to accelerate from zero to 100 km/h and has a top speed of 232 km/h. This model consumes 7.2 litres of premium unleaded petrol (RON 95) per 100 kilometres (CO2 emissions: 169 g/km), not least thanks to the ECO start/stop function, which is fitted as standard in conjunction with the six-speed manual transmission.
These are all-new four-cylinder powerplants with direct injection. One of the main features of the new diesel engine is latest-generation common-rail direct injection. The likewise new four-cylinder petrol engine with direct injection is fitted with a turbocharger as well as adjustable intake and exhaust camshafts.
The key technical data
E 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY
Cyl. - 4
Displacement - 2143 cc
kW/hp - 100/136
Nm - 360
0-100 km/h - 10.2
Max. km/h - 210
l/100 km - 5.2-5.5
CO2/km - 137-145 g
E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY
Cyl. - 4
Displacement - 1796 cc
kW/hp - 135/184
Nm - 270
0-100 km/h - 8.5
Max. km/h - 232
l/100 km - 7.2
CO2/km - 169 g
* All figures refer to six-speed manual model
Like all the other engine variants for the new E-Class, which have already been awarded the Environment Certificate by TÜV Süd (Technical Inspection Authority in southern Germany), the two new powerplants comply with the EU5 limits.
Other key attributes of the world's best-selling luxury saloon, alongside its exceptionally ecofriendly design, include a unique combination of driver assistance systems, such as drowsiness detection, Adaptive Highbeam Assist and automatic emergency braking, which can help to prevent accidents. Further classic E-Class hallmarks include a high level of long-distance comfort, high-quality interior materials, build quality displaying unerring attention to detail and perfect ergonomics.
Prices for the E 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY start at € 38,734.50, while those for the
E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY start at € 39,508. The market launch is expected in September 2009.
Copyright © 2009, Mercedes-Benz-Blog. All rights reserved.
- ► 2012 (464)
- ► 2011 (940)
- ► 2010 (1080)
- Mercedes-Benz-Blog enters the summer holiday
- J. D. Power APEAL study 2009: The Mercedes-Benz S-...
- Shaping Future Transportation
- On the Road to emission-free Mobility: Mercedes-Be...
- BlueTEC models and new GL-Class pave the way for a...
- F1 Budapest - Preview
- Motor Trend journalist takes the new SLS AMG for a...
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: New, efficient four-cylinde...
- LEAKED: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG US ordering brochure...
- New swing-wing model with purely electric high-tec...
- SPY - 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Klasse caught running...
- SPY - First photos of a 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG...
- SPY - 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Klasse Cabrio
- SPY - Huge bunch of photos with 2010 Mercedes-Benz...
- Signed and sealed: the environmental compatibility...
- J.D. Power IQS Study 2009: Mercedes-Benz Plants in...
- AUTOBILD: More photos depicting the SLS AMG
- Daimler Buses delivers 1,000th Mercedes-Benz Citar...
- F1 Nurburgring - SUN - Race - Heikki Kovalainen Ei...
- Introducing Mercedes-Benz-Blog TRIVIA Weblog
- F1 Nurburgring - SAT - Qualifying - Lewis Hamilton...
- F1 Nurburgring - FRI - Free Practice
- Daimler Heritage: TOPICS FOR AUGUST 2009
- Mercedes-Benz-Blog TRIVIA: The Lightning Benz: Fas...
- Mercedes-Benz-Blog TRIVIA: August 1959: Mercedes-B...
- Mercedes-Benz-Blog TRIVIA: Biography: Rudolf Carac...
- Mercedes-Benz-Blog TRIVIA: The Mercedes-Benz 300 S...
- F1 Nurburgring - Lewis Hamilton drives the Mercede...
- AUTOBILD: First Photos of the upcoming Mercedes-Be...
- Mercedes-Benz Sells 100,300 Passenger Vehicles in ...
- PREVIEW: 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Klasse FL
- SPY - 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- SPY - 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Klasse Cabrio
- F1 Nurburgring - Preview
- Transporting the Lighting Systems for the Mercedes...
- Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG - Official Press Kit
- Mercedes-Benz Actros takes “Truck of the Year 2009...
- Daimler HighTechReport: The Fascination of Technol...
- Daimler Buses Delivers 200 Mercedes-Benz City Buse...
- ▼ July (39)
- ► 2008 (1138)